- Team Manager Orientation (early November): discuss TM responsibilities, provide tips for managing a team, review the year’s schedule, and go over team registration.
- MADI Team Manager Training run by the MADI State Board (usually November and January): VERY helpful.
- Materials Manipulation Workshop for Team Members (early January): Teams learn different techniques for using materials commonly used in Instant Challenges.
- Instant Challenge Day (late February): Teams will rotate through multiple Instant Challenges. The Team Managers will discuss ICs, tournament procedures for ICs, and how ICs are appraised.
- Team Manager AND Team Member Paperwork workshop (late February/early March): a workshop for team managers and team members to learn techniques for efficiently and effectively filling out Tournament Data Sheets and Expense Reports.
- Team Showcase (early March): a dress rehearsal opportunity for teams. Teams will get to present their solutions for their families and each other. Tournament expectations and procedures will be discussed. Due to the strict no interference rule, no feedback will be provided on presentations - this is an opportunity for teams to present in front of an audience and to celebrate how much they have accomplished!